It has been quite a while since I have been able to post so I wanted to take this opportunity to bring you all up to speed. Unfortunately life has gotten in the way and I was unable to continue with my explorations in June and July. However, I am now able to get back to it.
Realizing that the summer is coming to an end and that 2015 is already more than half over, I decided there are two major areas that I want to explore over the next few months.
- Different finishing techniques – as I begin to determine what all I want to accomplish for the holidays (especially creation of ornaments) – I want to focus on the following types of finishing:
- Biscornu – all kinds – especially a 15-sided one
- Pyramid Ornament – I saw this with one of the petite projects and really liked what I saw
- 3-D Ornaments – I have done a few of these and really enjoy them so want to explore some other ways to do them
- 3-D Cube – I have several projects that are “blocks” which I have decided to turn into “cubes”
- The other area I want to explore are motifs that I can use to represent snowflakes and Christmas ball-shaped ornaments (or filler for the “O” in words like JOY for my bellpulls). I also want to see if I can find some motifs that represent Victorian shaped glass ornaments (similar to some of the ones I posted about in May)
I hope my explorations will be helpful to some of you and that some of you will join me in my explorations. Please feel free to ask questions, provide recommendations, share your experiences, etc.
I will try and post something more often to share how these explorations are progressing. Look for photos as well.