Our Exploring Old and New Tools of the Needlework Trade “play date” will be posted here. We will be exploring all kinds of old and new “tools of the trade”.
Our initial list of explorations are:
- Books that are “Oldies but Goodies”
- Types of transfer methods (old and new)
- “Frames” – all types and how they have been made & used through the ages
- Chatelaines – how they have been made & used through the ages
- Sewing boxes/Compendiums/Etuis – how they have been made & used through the ages
- Various other stitching tools such as pincushions, needlecases, scissor fobs, etc – how they have been made & used through the ages
- Scissors & Thimbles used through the ages
- “Paper products” used in needlework through the ages
- References and books concerning tools of the trade
Click on each of the discussion topics to read about our explorations on that topic. We hope you will join in our discussions – we look forward to hearing from you.
Please let us know what other discussion topics you would like to see us explore
Happy stitching and come back soon to see what “trade tools” are being explored.