My number one “tools of the trade” are books. These may be books about stitch instruction, techniques, art, design theory, color theory, pattern and/or project, and finishing, just to name a few. Today we will discuss some of the older books I use, that are still as valuable today as when they were written.
Books for discussion are:
- The Encyclopedia of Canvas Embroidery Stitch Patterns, Expanded Edition – Katharine Ireys, 1977
- Pageant of Pattern for Needlepoint Canvas – Sherlee Lantz with diagrams by Maggie Lane, 1973
- The Complete Needlepoint Course – Anna Pearson, 1991
- The Open Canvas – Carolyn Ambuter, 1982
- The Margaret Boyles Book of Needle Art – Margaret Boyles, 1978
Do you have any older books that you still go to frequently today? If so, please share with us and let us know why.