President’s Challenge – March Photos

Make a molehill out of a mountain – work on a project you put away because it seemed too hard or too much to tackle.


From Susan Clayton:Clayton 1
This is a seminar piece from 2009-Pittsburgh, I think-Puzzle PieClayton 2ces by Jackie Murawski. (Is that spelled right?) It’s a mountain because it’s so large and because I needed to rip out the small diamond area. To make it less of a mountain, I ripped out and redid Clayton 3that one area and finished another area nearby. I am definitely more pleased with the area I re-stitched.


From Connie SwistaraSwistara 1
This is the hardest pattern out of four that I bought on a shopping trip last month.  I thought I would work my way up to it.  But instead it is the one I started first for the March challenge.  What I learned is that I can not visit on the phone with my sister, follow what she said, and not make big mistakes.  I finally told her I had to go so that I would stop having to take my stitches out and try again.  Counted stitch is funny that way if you want the next section to line up.  LOL

I likSwistara 2e the way the lines go in different directions to get different effects.

The first picture is what I have done so far.  The second picture is from the pattern packaging.  The pattern is from Nancy’s Needle, called “Field of Sunflowers, Regional Quilt Series”.

From Laura Sandison:

I finished, and then some! The basting was a bear for me, even though there isn’t too DrawnThreadSamplerBastemuch. This is for a drawn thread sampler that I’ll be working on this year. As a bonus, I basted the linen for the “Star Spangled Ball” StarSpangledBallBasteGCC as well. This really is my least favorite part of stitching, so the “mole hill” part of the mountain tends to be my real mountain. Thanks for the challenge!



From Becky Autry:
I chose for my project the class I took at the region seminar in 2014, “The Partridge and Autry 1the Pear Tree”, by Sylvia Murariu.  My first picture shows where I stopped stitching.  It was difficult to get back to as I had the Romanian Point Lace left to do as well as the padded leather pears.  We did a sample of the Romanian Point Lace in class but now I was on my own with a technique that I had not attempted before.  It was challenging and fortunately, I took notes.  I did have issues as I pulled the weaving too Partridgetight and some of the motifs were not large enough to cover the printed canvas.  So I had to rework several.  I plan to finish this as a box top.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.